Thursday, January 8, 2009

Heart Moments

I have had an awesome incredible day today with my baby girl, Faith! You see we spent the morning at the cardiologist today. She screamed her head off with each poke and prod they did to her. They started with an EKG. And then of course as she kicked and kicked to get that oxygen tester thingy off her toe. Then she was really ticked off as we moved into the echocardiogram room!

They put that cold jelly all over her little chest and her belly and she was NOT happy. After 30 minutes on the exam table, lots of jelly, lots of cookies, a little bottle, and 3 doctors looking at her heart... SHE IS PERFECT!!

That's right, her little heart was completely repaired in China. No worries, no restrictions, no problems with her heart any more! Absolutely amazing! This can only be a God thing if you ask me. My little baby girl was truly a leap of faith for our family. We did not know a lot about "heart babies" when we started this adoption. However, through lots of prayer and a lot of FAITH in God, we knew this little girl was our gift directly from Heaven.

I was so overwhelmed today with the good news, that I actually lost it in the elevator going out to the car with my HEALTHY baby girl. I guess my heart has been a little guarded this time around, not really sure of what her future held. However, today lots of emotions came flooding in as I finally felt secure in the fact that she is going to be OK and live a happy healthy life with us forever! Truly some heart moments today...For me and for Faith :)

12 comments:

Beth and Ryan said...

Wonderful news! She is a perfect little "heart baby" - full of love!

Renate said...

So happy for her and you!!

Kim said...

God is good!!!! Now you all can settle in and become the wonderful family of 6 that you have always wanted. This post brough tears to my eyes as I know how much you have worried. XOXOXO

Lovell and JW said...

Praise God...praise God!! We are so thrilled with your news. She is the cutest thing in the world...I would have cried all the way to the car too. Love to you all..Lovell

Dan and Liz said...

I knew she looked like the healthiest heart baby I have ever seen- She is just a wonderful little addition to you big family. God Bless you and CJ and your great kids. Amen

Heather said...

YEAH!!! Praise God!! I'm so happy to read this news and I can feel your emotions in your post!! I know you all are beathing a sigh of relief!! (((BIG HUGS)))

Steve and Darcy said...

AMEN!! God is SO good!

Shari U said...

YEAH Faith!! That's such incredible news! You must be the happiest mommy in the whole world.

Unknown said...

Oh, that is SUCH fabulous news! Praise God for her healthy heart! What an incredible gift.

Angela and Jay said...

That is WONDERFUL news!!! So happy for you all. :-)

Laura and Erik said...

What a blessing it is to hear such happy news! God is so good.
Laura

Unknown said...

I cant believe i missed this amazing post..

GOd rocks!!!!! Yeah baby Faith!