Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Looking Up

Well my little Faith is feeling much much better! We went back to the urgent care thing on Sunday for a second round of the antibiotic shot. Then yesterday once my pediatrician received the reports from urgent care, he called and insisted I bring her to him. So once again I had to take off a half day and took her to our pediatrician. The good news is that her lungs sound much better and the fever is gone. Also after the extensive review of her lung xrays, it was decided that the "cloudy" parts on the x-ray did have something to do with her heart surgery. So she more than likely doesn't have pneumonia near as bad as first indicated. So next time she gets a chest xray we will have something to compare it to. Let's just hope she doesn't need another one anytime soon!


Anyway, she is doing better but there is still some questions about her bladder infections and they are working on getting some answers for that. I was very concerned about Melamine issues, but my pediatrician assured me that this is not related. However, if we do more test it will be a kidney ultrasound and at that point I will feel better about being certain if Melamine exposure is a true concern or not. Oh and all of her rashes are much better today. We are making great improvements.

One good thing out of this sickness has been the fact that Faith really seems to like me more :) I know she always "liked" me but now she has made some great strides in the attachment department. She actually cries now when I leave her to go to work!! (I know that sounds like a weird thing for a mommy to be happy about, but if you are an adoptive mom then you understand.) Faith also follows me around the house now from room to room. This morning she camped out in the bathroom the whole time I was in the shower- yeah! Again, I know weird as these are the things that "new mommies" wish their children wouldn't do.

I can so remember when the boys were little or when Shelby came home for that matter, that if I could only take a shower by myself how wonderful that would be. Anyway Faith is different as she hasn't cared up until now where I was. So I feel like she has made a big leap of faith (no pun intended) in putting her trust in her mommy now-YEAH!!

4 comments:

Steve and Darcy said...

So glad that she is feeling better! We have been praying for her. I love that she misses you and is "clingy" - that is awesome!

Heather said...

Donna,

As an adoptive mom I can feel the nuance you describe as you write about Faith hanging out nearby while you shower.

I'm so happy Faith is feeling better!..as a nurse I'm very interested.

I hope to see to get together again for a playdate/mommy-time-with-friends-too soon! Back to work full time now???

And, look at you two beautiful girls!!!

Special K said...

I know what you mean! I was thrilled when Micah cried when I dropped him off at preschool. Bittersweet, but more sweet than bitter!

Glad Faith is feeling better.

Dan and Liz said...

So happy Faith is doing better
We had a busy weekend and missed you guys. I did go for Dim Sum on Saturday evening - you all look so cute. We can not wait to see everyone on Friday - and meet the new one's home
Liz Dan Zach and Michelle