Friday, March 14, 2008

Off Days ROCK

Man, this one day a week off day thing is the bomb. I had a wonderful day yesterday just hanging out with my kids and my friends. Let's see what all did we do...first I slept in until 8AM!! Yep can you believe it. The only reason I was able to do this is because I kept Travis home one extra day from school since he wasn't feeling the greatest the day before. Anyway then Travis, Shelby and I surprised Caleb at his school for lunch. Travis was able to practice getting his own lunch tray and choosing his own lunch for the first time. My baby boy is going to be going to school with Caleb next year so I thought it would be neat for him to give it a trial run. Of course we had a great lunch-school food and all.


Next we visited my favorite store-yep the Thrift Store. Travis purchased a new "army costume" and Shelby bought a new "cute baby" since Mom is really tired of carrying around "ugly baby". Then we picked up Caleb early from school and headed off to our Thursday playdate.

We met Heather and Chris at the playground for one HOT playdate. It was crazy busy at the park and really hot outside. The kids had fun but for only a brief time since it was so hot. I think I am going to suggest a different play date location for next week since this one didn't really work out too well. It was fun while it lasted though. My dad and Sandy even dropped by to give Shelby her very first dune buggy ride-FUN!
Since we were so hot we stopped off at Brusters on the way home from the park. We all (yes even me) enjoyed a refreshing treat at our favorite ice cream store. At home we played outside and had Lori and kids over. Hey we even had our favorite neighbors over last night too. See I told you I was really living up this stay at home mom thing. Fun Fun Fun! OK come on next Thursday!!

3 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

That is great - Sorry we couldn't join you - a little too far of a drive for that time of day! Anyway -- I LOVE days like that where I can pretend to be a SAHM! Hey, fantasies aren't necessarily bad! L

Unknown said...

Im so glad you post pics,looks like you had a great time

Dan and Liz said...

Hey
So glad you had a great time
I really missed you guys
We are having fun with all the wedding festivities- sorry the park was so busy
Thursday AM on the way out of town I drove by East Cobb Park- it was more packed than I have ever seen it
MCD's sounds fine
see you there
Liz