Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ladies Night Out

Well last night was a big event for mom...dinner without ANY kids attached. That's right mom went to dinner with some adoption friends last night and had a great time. My sister was nice enough to handle the kid handoff and take all of them to baseball practice last night.

My Travis is playing on Uncle Scott's baseball team and having a great time. He even "won" the game ball at the first game on Saturday. I personally think Uncle Scott was playing favorites, but hey Travis was thrilled! He has shown that ball off to everyone.

Anyway, CJ picked up the kids from baseball and mom returned home for our bedtime routine. So thanks girls for a fun ladies night out. Even though we did sit around and talk about our kids all night, it was still a great kid-free dinner :)

Oh and here are some shots of me sneeking Shelby and Travis off to spend some of his donut birthday money the other day. Don't tell the school this is why he was tardy. Time spent sharing a donut with my kids is well worth the tardy slip! (Oh and no Sheila I didn't really eat a 5 pt donut, just the kids did)

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

NICE! Dinner where you actually taste the food and it is hot when you eat it! LOL! Always nice to have a kid free meal sometimes!

Heather said...

Sorry to have missed you all! I'm making sure I won't miss next time--so let's plan the next time! :)

Girl~Donuts call me from the kitchen in the middle of the night!! Especially if they're Krispy Kreme (warm off the belt is best!!). They're my biggest weakness! I don't know how you did it...I can't even buy them...my kids get so ticked. :)