Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bullet Post about the Baby


Wanted to share some facts about our newest addition. Bullet style is the easiest, so here you go!


  • She is absolutely adorable

  • Elise is a very quiet baby who will sit and play by herself in the room

  • She is quite wobbly when she walks and falls down often

  • Her little hand looks like a little foot

  • Elise is very good with her little hand and she uses it often

  • It appears that she has a pretty good size thumb

  • All her little digits move independently like full size fingers, very interesting to see in person

  • I think she will do just fine with her little hand, but of course we plan to see a hand surgeon when we get home

  • Elise now cries for me when I leave the room

  • She definitely prefers me over CJ now, but we are OK with that since it means she is starting to trust me more everyday

  • We get more and more smiles from her as each day passes

  • Have I mentioned how adorable she is?!?!

  • Her little bottom hasn't shown much improvement yet, but we are working on it

  • Elise doesn't know how to hold on to you when you hold her, so she feels like you are holding a giant slinky or something wobbly on your hip

  • She is size 12-18 month in her clothing, I brought more 18-24 month, so we are managing

  • She wears a size 4 shoe

  • Elise sucks her thumb when she is tired, so cute

  • She is truly a blessing from above and we already love her dearly :)

8 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Question -- how does she respond to the boys when you all SKYPE? How are they doing w/o M and D?

Kim said...

Sorry that the bum isn't improving. I know the slinky feeling. Sheridan never did learn to hold on with his legs. Just talked to your mom and all is fine with the her and the boys. Get some sleep tonight!

The Millers said...

She is so precious. Wish I could get my hands on her. I am so thankful everything is going well for ya'll. She seems so sweet. All your girls are beautiful. I know you are missing your boys but what a great thing skype is.
Our friends the Semlows are there and will be home Friday. Their little girl is going great also.

China Dreams said...

She certainly used that hand to attack the box in your earlier video. Glad things are going so well.

Ruby

Unknown said...

Tell CJ howdi. Still raining here daily..dawg gone! Jesus has a great bottom body shop and does repairs for free. I know over time it will look better than new! Enjoy each day your there, I think God has His video camera "On". Love you guys!

Andrea said...

Just found you through a friend.
Our youngest is from Nanchang. Shejust turned two.
Our adoption blog is on my side bar.
Please feel free to stop by.
Your little pumpkin is precious and looks to be a live wire...just like my "Spicy Girl".

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

She is a precious baby!!! Love the things you shared!!! When you get to Guangzhou, there is a clinic in the Garden you can take her to for medicine for her bottom. Robin reminded me to tell you. Praying for you all!!!
love and joy!

Sally-Girl! said...

She is quite yummy!!!