Saturday, March 26, 2011

Adventures in Nanchang


We made it to the Walmart here this morning with our guide. We went by taxi, and we quickly remembered how much "fun" taxi rides can be here. Traffic is not quite as bad here as in other cities we have been in, but really that just means that now they can all go faster as they zoom in and around each other. Buses, other cars, pedestrians, bikes, or motorcycles none of them seem to get any special treament in the game of chicken they play fighting for the road. We breathed a deep sigh of relief everytime we got out of the taxi :)


We filled up a buggy full of goods. Oh and we figured out that one of the main attractions as we go by (besides the fact that we are foreigners with Chinese children) is our double stroller. Our guide said that she has never even seen one. Everyone stops us just to take a look at the stroller! Too funny watching everyone point and stare. It takes some time to get used to, but I think we have gotten over it already. Shelby has asked a few times why everyone stares and points, so I have tried to explain the "differences" here and I think she is getting OK with it now.

We had our guide take us to real Chinese today so that she could order for us. It was OK and we ordered some basics to at least get us by. I had her write down some items so that we can go back when she is not with us. Again, Faith was not a bit happy when she found out they did not have her regular Chinese cuisine...egg drop soup. Shelby wasn't hungry and so she played the iPhone instead. Oh well, maybe they will try some next time. The whole meal came to $11, and that even included a beer. (See Mike, I don't really even need my coupons here :)

We are back in the room now to await our little Elise's arrival. I have the girls laid down for a nap, but for some strange reason they are not at all tired. So they are laying in the bed just watching some Caillou for now. (I am hoping you all can blow up the pics/collages to see them bigger, let me know if that is not working.)


Elise is due to arrive in one hour. It seems pretty surreal to even be here. I can't believe that I am actually about to be blessed with another daughter. My thoughts right now are basically...GOD IS GOOD!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its 245 here in the ATL and I cant sleep so I spent some time in prayer for ya.. Cant wait to hear and see more! Thanks for being an example

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

God is SO good and greater and higher than any other!!! Bless you all!!!

Kim said...

Who knew when we bought that stroller all the adventures it would take you on? Glad things are going well.