Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tick Tock, Tick Tock

The official countdown has begun! Tomorrow morning we leave out for Dallas to meet my brother. I was thinking last night how surreal this must be for my mom. Tomorrow will in a sense be her long anticipated Gotcha Day! I thought waiting 6 months for my Gotcha Days were tough?! How about over 45 years?!?!?! I will have to say she is handling it quite well and obviously she is very excited. I know how surreal is was on my girls' Gotcha Days not so long ago were for me. It almost felt like a dream. Like you were watching someone elses Gotcha Day happen. So tomorrow, I get to be there to witness yet again another Gotcha Day... Only this time it will be for a woman I love dearly, my mother.

Please send up some extra prayers for her as she gets to experience one of God's greatest joys in life, hugging your child for the very first time :)


"For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him."- 1 Samuel 1:27

4 comments:

Marian Dean said...

I hope you have a wonderful meet-up with your long lost brother. What a story!
Yes, all the threads are there, and some surprise connections too.
My first husband I married in 1958 was Chinese, we have five children... all looking like Dad. Sadly he died in 1990.
Enjoy and savour the day, and my blessings to your Mum also as she gives that first hug.

Love Granny

Mary said...

I hope you all have a wonderful trip...cawn't wait to hear all about it!!

Steph said...

How exciting! I just got chills when reading your post! I'll definitely be thinking of you guys this weekend! Have fun in the Big 'D'! (My husbands family is from the suburb of Plano)

The Evans Family said...

How wonderful for both your Mom and your brother. God really works in such wonderful ways! Can't wait to read all about the reunion.