Sunday, October 11, 2009

O Happy Day

We had a another great day today in the big city of Dallas. Sheila and I started the morning off with breakfast at a bakery. We walked about a mile to get there so surely there were no points in what we ate ;) Next, we went out to lunch today at a real authentic Chinese restaurant. It was very good and actually took me back to our days we spent in China. Yes, it makes me want to go back (just for the good time, not another baby!). Little C went to his Chinese school today while we were at lunch. I found it very interesting that they take him to Chinese school just like the one we have at home. My SIL thought it was a great idea to get the girls in Chinese school when they get old enough. So maybe next year Shelby will start going. Anyhow, after we picked up my nephew we were off on our next adventure...bowling!
It has actually been a few years since they had been bowling and little C had NEVER been. Needless to say it didn't take the little guy too long to figure it out. He had a blast and so did everyone else. I think the best part was just watching him light up every time it was his turn :) After bowling we did some more visiting and just hung out at the hotel until dinner time. We had reservations at the Magic Time Machine tonight. What a fun place. We ate WAY too much and of course had to top ourselves off with a big banana split in the end. It was a great day.
I am still amazed at how comfortable it is to be around our "new" relatives. You can tell that they aren't really used to this much activity on a regular basis. I am sure we are probably a lot to take in if you aren't used to be around us. They are handling it quite well and they too seem to be having a great time. It was really neat to hear that my SIL said to my mom yesterday..."I have never seen him this happy!" Yes, she was talking about my brother-how cool is that?!?!?
We only have a half day left visiting on this trip :( However, I really do believe that we will see them again. Hopefully they will be able to come out and visit with us next year. I am thinking a nice summer time visit in GA would be a real treat for us. I could definitely keep them busy at my house for sure. They may need another 6 months to recuperate after this visit ;)

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Donna - this has been so nice to follow your story! Glad you have ALL had a great time!

Unknown said...

so glad you are keeping us updated friend!