Saturday, October 24, 2009

Can't Save Them All

Oh my I can't tell you just how many times I have heard this one lately. It usually goes something like this..."Well you know you can't save em' all." Really?!?! I always want to respond back, "Oh, well how many have you "saved"?!" Although I don't ever say that, I really want to.

I was just reading another blog I follow and her latest post really hit home for me. Fortunately I haven't had to deal with all the issues she speaks about, but we have had our share. I know a LOT of adoptive families out there deal with some of the same issues as well. Really makes you go hmmmmm sometimes. With the latest circumstances surrounding the possibility of us taking in another child, this phrase "Can't save them all" is starting to really tick me off frankly.

So for a reminder folks, here is the Starfish Story some of you may have forgotten lately...

Do you remember the story about the young child, walking along the beach among thousands of starfish that had washed ashore with the tide? The child stopped every several yards to throw a starfish back into the ocean. Another child, a bit older than the first, stopped and asked, "Why bother? You can't save them all. Do you think it'll really matter?" And the younger child, tossing another starfish back into the waves replied, "It will matter to THIS one."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am with you. Keeping fighting for them...