Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Eighteen Months Ago

Today marks Shelby's 18 month Gotcha Day anniversary! It is really hard to believe that she hasn't always been with us. I am so thankful to have her as my daughter. She is so smart, brave, funny, adorable, and of course stubborn just like her moma ;)


Marking 18 months with her reminds me again of her foster mom in China that raised her for 26 months! Can you imagine having a child in your home for 26 months and then someone taking her away from you?!?! I am so thankful to her for taking care of Shelby and giving her heart away to my child only to have it taken away from her 2 years later. I have been lucky enough to have her for 18 months so far and what a blessing she has been to our family. I hope that her foster mom remembers all the blessings that little Hong Hong gave her :)

2 comments:

Mary said...

WOW! It seems like just yesterday!

Unknown said...

Can't believe it was that long ago. What a blessing from God.