Friday, May 22, 2009

What Sleep?

They look so peaceful don't they? Well let me just tell you that they don't stay this way!! At least not the girls for sure. Shelby is pretty good about sleeping now. Yes, now she is... but it was a tough road the first 6-8 months home with her. After about 8 months home, she would finally sleep through the night without me being in her bed. Oh and yes that was just last year remember?

Hmmm...Mom had a whole 3 months of sleep at the end of last year. That was SO NICE! So now that brings us to my little Faith. She doesn't sleep good at all yet. She knows every time I even roll over and starts to cry thinking that I am leaving the room. As you can see here in the pic, this is my fake body that I roll up and put between them so I can attempt to sneak in a few hours of sleep in my own bed at night. But really this doesn't even work for long. Faith is on to my scam, so now she doesn't even let me move from her side most nights.
She dreams and crys out all night long thrashing around back and forth, back and forth. I suppose this could be some form of night terrors in baby form. I don't really know, but I do know it can get to be very frustrating when mom doesn't get any sleep either. I sure hope the sleep fairy visits my house soon!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christophe and I LOVE to sleep and everybody keeps telling us to enjoy it because in 19 days ... "pouffff", we won't anymore.
The thing everybody ignores is that we "ordered" a baby that sleeps. Aren't we smart ? Anyway, I'll keep the receipt in case we need to return our little peanut if she doesn't sleep ...
Audrey

Unknown said...

I hope the fairy visits soon too! but they sure are sweet

Dan and Liz said...

wow that is really rough- prayin for you to get some good sleep-
and Michelle says " I love you baby Faith and I hope I see you and Shelby and two brothers and your mom and dad soon>"

Kiy said...

I keep wondering when the sleep fairy will arrive at our house. We are a week short of Emi's 28th month and we've been home 18 months. We go in waves, good sleeps - bad sleeps. Right now were in the middle of bad sleeps. She starts in her bed, about half-way through the night she wakes and ends up in ours. Which means hubby ends up on an air mattress on the floor (and getting a better night's sleep than me!).

I too am waiting for the darned fairy to show up. If s/he does show up over there, send her our way? :)

Cheers, Kiy

RamblingMother said...

G still doesn't sleep good and not in her own bed most nights, ugh.

charlece said...

nothing more precious than sleeping babies. they are so worth no sleep, but it doesnt help our moods huh? my mom used to tell me she wasnt worried about me being a good mom, she was more concerned about the baby waking me up luckily he slept through the nite at 5 weeks, good thing gotta have my sleep charlece