Saturday, May 9, 2009

Birthmom's Day

Happy Birthmother's Day! I know not something you may know about or hear often, but yes today is the day to celebrate the mother that gave birth to you. You can click on this link to learn more about today's holiday.

I plan to talk to Shelby today a little about her birthmother and to honor her some simple way today. As both of my girls grow up, I hope they can talk openly with me about their questions they will have about their birth mom. I believe the sooner I talk to them about her, the better equipped they will be to handle their strong emotions about her. So please today stop for a moment and remember how blessed you are because someone somewhere gave birth to you!

1 comment:

Mom to Two Saplings and Two Dogs said...

So interesting; I didn't know about this particularl holiday (but I do now!) Important for me to know about it, too. Thank you!