Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over

As cliche as it sounds...I AM TRULY BLESSED! This week has been full of emotional moments for me and my kids.

We started the week off on Sunday with Faith's baby dedication at church. I was kind of got off guard when it was my turn to speak into the microphone and "simply" introduce my baby girl. I said this is Faith Straight and then a huge lump in my throat appeared and my voice crackled as I simply said "She joined our family in December".

I was surprised that I got all choked up just with that. The truth is with that simple statement a flood of emotions took over my head. I thought of her life before she came to us. Being left in a crib all day long with no one to hold her, or play with her, or to kiss her chubby cheeks is heartbreaking :( Just stop and think about it for a moment. You leaving your child in an orphanage for 16 months with no mommy or daddy. Oh how her life and our lives have been forever changed by the simple statement of her "joining our family". We are so very blessed!

3 comments:

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

Thank God your family was there to be her forever family. Now she will know forever love as well!! Nothing is more valuable than love!!! God bless!!
Happy Belated Mother's Day!! :o)

Marian Dean said...

You are well Blessed indeed. I cry whenever I see those images of children in orphanages in many places in the world, as you say, un-cuddled and uncomforted.
How happy you all look.

Love Granny

RamblingMother said...

Love that pic of Faith with the sweet smile.