Friday, May 8, 2009

It's Hard Sometimes

I watched some of Oprah the other day and there was a show about the real face of "Motherhood". It was really a good show at least the parts I managed to view in between chasing my kids around. It was about all the stuff no one told you parenting would be like...HARD WORK!!

So I just wanted to post this out there since Mother's Day is this weekend. Us moms...WORK HARD! Yes, there you go I said it. It is no mystery to any mom, but for some reason it is a mystery to everyone else who isn't a mom. Maybe it is because we are more detail oriented and emotional in general being women, but we have alot of things going on in our heads 24/7 about our kids and our families. Sometimes it is just exhausting!

Now here is the kicker, we ASKED for this. Yep at least most of us PLANNED our children. We intentionally brought this on ourselves...all this HARD WORK! It really is a puzzle to me sometimes of why we do this to ourselves. Of course I know the rewards are great sometimes (sorry but that is the truth-only sometimes). And I know that all children are God's gifts to us, but come on why does it have to be so stinking hard at times?!

Ok, there is my vent for the day. I plan to have a wonderful Mother's Day celebrating the JOYS of motherhood. Yes, there are a lot of JOYS that come with the job too :) I just wanted all you moms out there to know that I KNOW how hard it is to be a great mom. I appreciate all your hard work you put into the job to make our kids' futures a better place. Since my children have to live in the world with your children, thank you for making them pleasant children to live with ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen, sister. Happy Mother's Day!