Thursday, April 2, 2009

Two Newest Additions

Well no not kids this time ;) I would like to introduce you to the 2 newest additions into the family: Thrasher and Poofy. 2 baby guinea pigs now reside in my home. I know you never thought you would see the day that I allow an actual animal with hair in my house, but the things you do for your kids!

The boys saved and saved their money for about a month or so now and finally had enough money to go buy the "stuff" for the guinea pigs, like a cage, food, etc. Now I knew that their $50 wasn't really going to get them very far in a pet store, so I figured I had at least another month or so to be petless. But noooooo, their good friend Mrs. Kim came to the rescue and gave the boys a cage to borrow for FREE. So now the boys did have enough money and they bought all the other stuff and now they had a cage. So now all they needed was to save for the pigs.
But nooooo, my thrifty son (wonder where he got that from) decided that he might be able to find a FREE guinea pig on craigslist! Well sure enough on Sunday we found TWO free guinea pigs posted and they were right around the corner from our house. So as you can see we are now a family of 8 ;)

4 comments:

Mary said...

You are brave, my friend...very, very brave!

Kim said...

Cute pigs - oh, I mean cute kids! Good experience for the boys to take care of a couple of animals!

Marian Dean said...

Wow, I hope they survive all those cuddles!
They all look cute.
Love Nanny

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Craigs List -- Gotta give him credit!!! Brilliant!!!