Friday, April 24, 2009

Got Gold?

I finally got a chance to attend one of these "Gold Parties" you hear everyone talking about. My sister co-hosted one the other night and it was fabulous. It is kind of like a Tupperware party in reverse. You don't spend money at this party, you GET money!

The deal is that you dig through your own jewelry boxes and find all of that broken and old gold jewelry that you have been collecting throughout the years. You know all that Herringbone stuff we all bought in the 80's. You put it in a ziplock bag and you bring it to the party to sell.


Now here is the crazy thing, they pay you a ridiculous amount of money for your old broken jewelry. I made $240 from my small amount, and CJ made $140 from his-that's $380 folks!! $380 for stuff that was just sitting around in the bottom of a box isn't too shabby if you ask me.

What makes this even better is that you get to do this at a party mingling with friends. Each person takes their own little "private time" with the jeweler that is offering you the cash for your jewelry. You don't have to sell your stuff if you don't want to or don't like the offer. No big deal, but it is certainly interesting to see how much money you can get for selling back your old gold.

Oh and to top it off, at the end of the party the jeweler will make a nice size additional contribution to the charity of your choice-sweet! So yes, I will be hosting my own party soon. Stay tuned for your invitation :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool !!! I'll be checking for the plane ticket in my mail box ...
I can't wait to see you !!!
Take care.

Audrey