Thursday, April 9, 2009

Break on a Budget

Well since the kids are out of school this week and mom was almost out of personal days (you know those China trips and hospital stays can wreak havoc on sick time), I could only manage to get one day off to spend with the kids this week. So we made the best of it yesterday.

We started the morning off with a healthy breakfast at Dunkin Donuts, then made a quick trip to Walmart for cheap pool toys and a baby seat. Then we were off to the far away vacation destination spot...Marietta! We checked in to the local Days Inn that had excellent (but cheap of course) accomodations including a heated-indoor swimming pool-YEAH!! The kids swam and swam, we did McDs for lunch, back in the pool, Cumberland Mall for dinner, back in the pool until 10PM...whew. Up by 8am and down for the free all you can eat waffles and donuts and of course cereal. What more could 4 kids ask for?!?!
All that and I was back at work this morning by 9am :) My friend Chris and her crew (4 kids) joined us for the whole event so we had a grand ole time. Lori even made a pool drop in visit too. Big fun and I hope a great memory was made for everyone even though we didn't get to spend a whole week at the beach ;)

7 comments:

Marian Dean said...

Sounds a great lotta fun for all including Mum!
You are storing up some good memories for your brood to look back on. Shame you only had one day, but then you can't say you didn't all make the most of it.

Love Granny

Kiy said...

That's a great idea! I still remember the 'big' things my folks did with us kids when we were young. Well, okay, I remember the pools! My mom just bangs her head on the wall that she could have just checked into a hotel and let us swim and nevermind all the other stuff. :) So, I am taking a lesson from both of you, and that's what we will do a lot of the time too! It really is the simple things that kids remember.

Cheers, Kiy

Joan (Nana) said...

I am glad you all had just a good time.. Didn't even have a long drive with kids asking, Are we there yet?

Lisa~~ said...

What a great idea and it looks like you all had a great time.

Shari U said...

You're the smartest mom in town! Can you imagine having rented a house at the beach this week and then nearly freezing to death while there? Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Marietta sure sounds like a fun vacation destination. I might book a ticket.Cumberland mall, I miss you.
Being French has some good sides (can't be all bad, right !!!), we lazy people get 5 weeks vacation per year.I just woke up, it's 8 am for me and 2am for you, your all you can eat breakfast + donuts sound sooooo good do me, my mouth is watering.
Glad you had so much fun in one day.I Always saw you as the resoursfull one.
Have a great day ! :0)
Audrey

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Donna: Hi -- will we see you on Friday? Have a great Easter. Miss seeing you! Ellen