Thursday, April 16, 2009

Organized Sports

Ok everyone knows that I am not a big organized sports fan for sure. I am not fond of repeating practices, shelling out money all the time, buying more equipment, suffering in non temperature-controlled environments, etc etc....SO I have finally found something for the kids and ME that I can live with...gymnastics!

Caleb started taking a boy's class back before we went to China this last trip, but we just started back last week. But this time around Travis and Shelby signed up as well at Chattooga. Travis and Caleb participate in a boy's class while Shelby is doing a half ballet/half gymnastics class. The best part is that they all do this at the SAME TIME :) Only one hour of my week is dedicated to getting 3 of my children their organized sport fix-YEAH! Yes, I still have to attend the occassional Saturday meet, but that is only once in a while and not every Saturday. So all the kids get really excited now when Thursdays roll around. As they say when mom is happy, everyone else is happy too! or something like that ;)

6 comments:

Renate said...

When you are happy, we are happy too!:)

Kiy said...

I too am not a big fan of the organized sports. I think it's a big racket to part parents with their money! Team fees, jerseys (or whatever), etc etc etc. Granted, our little gal is still young, but I am really hoping to steer her in another direction. I worry about gymnastics (the whole stereotype thing) but we can already see she would love it (loves to jump, tumble and climb ... and has an amazing sense of balance). I need to look into this, maybe for next year.

Cheers, glad it working for you - hope it works for me too!

Kiy

Lisa~~ said...

Great time management. Maisie loves her gymnastics class and I hope that all your children enjoy their classes too.

Anonymous said...

YEAH for Caleb,Travis and Shelby! Hopefully Faith will be joining them soon.
Caroline

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

OK - and I'll bet you had a buy 2 get one free coupon! We need to get A and A into gymnastics or dance!

The Evans Family said...

Oh boy, so it begins! I remember, years ago, when it was just Sarah and she only took 1 dance class. Since then, we have added 3 more kids, 7 dance classes and 4 days of gymnastics! But you know what? The kids just LOVE it so we find the time to get everyone where they need to be!
Enjoy watching them because it really is so wonderful to know that they are getting so much more out of the classes--friendships, confidence and of course exercise!