Thursday, October 16, 2008

Relief

I am happy to report that my dossier is in the possession of the CCAA and not lost-yeah! I received this email this morning from my agency:

Hi Donna,

I wanted to let you know that they have received the translation and Department 1 will be forwarding your dossier to Department 2. Department 2 is where LOA is issued from. Jophy will follow up next week, Monday to see if has made it to Department 2. I will let you know once I hear from her that it has arrived in Department 2.

Warm regards,
Aisha L. Cooper
www.hopeforchildren.org

So no this doesn't really tell me when we are going or anything, but it does tell me that we are moving down the line in a "normal" fashion. Although I was hopeful that things would be moved quicker than normal considering the Malia ordeal, it doesn't look like we are getting any special treatment. Oh well, at least I now know that we are on track and getting closer and closer to Faith.

At this point I believe we are going to have to travel around Christmas time. This is good for the boys school situation, but not good for my sister to be able to travel with us. And then you have all the complications of not being home for Christmas and Santa Clause. So instead of me pulling my hair out with the What Ifs, I am going to have to give this up to God and let Him take the control. Now that is not an easy task for me...giving up control. But I do realize He has been in control the whole time, and He will get us there when we are supposed to be there!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah rah! Great post, great news. Now bring that sweet girl home!

Michael said...

YEAH. They will not tell you if it moves quicker, but I bet that it does!

M

Sally-Girl! said...

Oh boy, you are exactly where I am mentally with this adoption - surrendering it over to God! God has a perfect day planned for us to meet our son. It is His day not mine!! Oh so such a hard lesson to learn!!

Who knows we may be in China at the same time!