Monday, October 13, 2008

Bubble Has Busted

After being so excited about getting my 800A approval, today is a different story. I went to my agency today to give out celebratory chocolates and was given some not so great news. They found out that my dossier in China hasn't even been translated yet :( What the heck?!?!? I really don't understand this new information. I have no idea what it really means at this point. I am so hoping to get more detailed information tomorrow after my agency contacts the translation company to find out where in the world my dossier is?

To say this adoption is a roller coaster ride is an understatement. I thought we were so close, but now I feel so far away. And the real problem is that no one really has any idea about when we will be able to go... next month or next year?!? It is still such a guessing game. And a very frustrating one! As you can see, Shelby isn't happy about waiting longer for her sister either.

Praying daily that my baby girl is safe and hopefully at least getting some hugs every day. I can't wait to be the one holding her. It is a shame that she sits and waits all because of paperwork delays :(

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ho frustrating. Ill be praying as well!

Unknown said...

Yes, it is such a shame. What a ride this process is. I'll say a prayer for open doors and speedy processing.

Cristy said...

Oh Donna!

I am so bummed for you! Having done both NSN and SN, the SN route is SO MUCH harder! Having that picture for months and months while waiting is agonizing! I am praying for a quick turn around on translation!

Kim said...

NO, NO, NO!!!! I thought for sure that we would be seeing your LOA this week, not this disheartening news. If anyone can get to the bottom of this, you are the person for the job. Praying for baby Faith.

Briana's Mom said...

I am so sorry. That is very frustrating news. Try to hang in there.

Beth and Ryan said...

UGH! How frustrating! Hang in there!

Heather said...

I feel for you. I hope that HOPE is getting to the bottom of it!