Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Real Life...Real China

When I look at our little miracle Miss Shelby it is so easy to forget where she came from and the life that she could be living. I think a lot about Faith now and I get worried and scared about what she may be going through as we sit here in our nice comfortable home. Some of you see Shelby and don't really realize what the "real China" can be like and how unpredictable international adoptions can be.

I read a blog this morning that you can see here. This is a real family whom I have followed along their journey waiting to travel to get their daughter who is cleft affected like my Shelby. Well they arrived in China and all excited for Gotcha Day to find out that their baby girl is very very sick and fighting for her life in a hospital in China. So now her family is there to fight for her and with her, but they are still in China and must follow China rules. This is true reality...this is real China.

There is a major difference in how things operate in China and even me being as assertive as I know how to be, China does things their way. I will pray for this family and I hope you do too. I can't imagine being in their shoes right now, but in order to prepare for our next trip to China, I must try to put myself in their shoes. What would I do? What would you do? No one really knows these answers until face to face in the situation. So I sit and still desperately worry about my baby girl still in China. Oh how I pray that she is OK.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for posting their story. They will be added to our prayers tonight. Also know that Faith is at the top of Sheridan's prayers nightly. We'll get Faith home, Donna, and she will become a strong girl with her forever family

Unknown said...

Read about this this morning as well! I am praying hard. I can not even imagine! That little girl is loved!

RamblingMother said...

It is heartbreaking really!

Beth and Ryan said...

That is soooo sad! I have been following along as well and I just hurt for them. And, I agree, let's get that little Faith home soon - she needs her family and especially her momma!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Saying a special prayer tonight for ALL of them. She is in Kunming - that's where Alaina is...

Unknown said...

Very sad. Praying here too for that family and for you and baby Faith.