Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Big Girl School

I had a VERY productive day yesterday on my day "off". We started the morning at Caleb and Travis' elementary school with the IEP meeting for Shelby. It is still strange that my little girl is going to already be attending the public school-like a big girl!

Anyway, I am very happy to report that we received ALL the services for Shelby that we wanted-YEAH! I have heard of a lot of people having trouble getting services for their "special needs children" within the public school system. Needless to say, I didn't even have to throw a fit to get what I felt we needed to get for Shelby. She will be receiving three 45 minutes speech therapy sessions per week at the school. Best of all they arranged it where I can take/pick her up around my work schedule since I just could not see myself putting her on a big yellow bus-yet ;) So I am excited that everything went well and Shelby will have her first day walking into the big school with her brothers on Friday morning!

We were then off to be fingerprinted for one more step towards Faith-YEAH!

I finished the day up at the pediatric dentist. It was quite surreal when I left making our next set of appointments for FOUR kids?!?! It hit me right then, seeing all of my kids listed on paper for their 6 month checkups- I have FOUR kids- 4!

I AM truly blessed :)

No comments: