Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend Fun

We had a fun weekend enjoying it with a lot of family. We started Saturday off at a cousin's wedding. It was very nice and a great experience for the boys as this was their first wedding to attend. Then we were off to another cousin's birthday party that evening. It is so great to have all of my relatives so close and we all still live in Georgia! That is very rare these days, but it is true for my family. CJ's mom visited us on Sunday and we got the great news that they are even moving closer to us. So now instead of a whole 45 minutes away, they will be only 15 minutes away. I know I am making all of you jealous, but yes we all live close together :) Anyway, we finished the day off yesterday at Boy Scouts and Awana, then dinner with friends from church. It was a nice weekend and pretty busy. Once Shelby is home we will probably not be on the go as much (at first) until she gets more comfortable. I am definitely not one to sit at home, but I know she will more than likely need some quiet time at home at first. We will just have to wait and see how much she can handle and work our calendar around her for the first couple of months :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good time and I cant wait to see Shelby having some quiet time with her mommy

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Donna: Ladybug story: When I first met Kevin we went to church together (after dating about a week) and halfway through Mass I saw something crawling on my shoulder and I freaked and shooed it off me. I instantly saw that it was a ladybug and felt horrible because I knew it was good luck and I looked at Kevin and thought hmmmm, does that mean he's the one? Guess so.