Monday, September 10, 2007

First Friday High

I think I am still on my First Friday high. It is the strangest thing to simply go meet with a bunch of people, and leave feeling so good. The last Chapman's meeting was everything I expected it to be and more. Everyone I had ever met at FF was there all in one night. It was truly amazing to see so many people who have touched my adoption journey in one way or another. One highlight of the evening was seeing Sheridan in person! I was privileged enough to meet his parents the same week they received his referral back in February. It has been a wonderful experience to ride this roller coaster with Kim and Michael to finally bring their son home. Sheridan is definitely "all boy" and looks like he is right at home with his parents. I sure hope they both have a steady stream of caffeine pouring into them just to be able to keep up with this cutie pie! Even though this was their big night introducing Sheridan, they were kind enough to remember my Shelby and already brought her a little gift. That just goes to show you what kind of people they are and I am thankful to have their friendship.

I probably could have stayed at the Chapman's talking to everyone all night long. There were so many people there and so many kids-it was wonderful! I have included a picture album below that is the visual picture to our Red Thread to Shelby...

5 comments:

Cristy said...

I didn't get the pleasure of meeting you at First Friday as we had to leave early to get our girls to bed, but wanted to say that we are another GA W/C family and we are really excited for you to be so close to your LOA! Here's to speedy travels to you!

Blessings,
Cristy
happilyeverafter2boys2girls.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a memory it was and this is a wonderful slide show my friend, how very exciting!

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to meet you again. Your Shelby is precious and I will be waiting and praying along side you and your red thread story. Dan Zach Michelle and I hope to see you at third friday this month. Keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do help.
Liz
dizlan@comcast.net

Unknown said...

I love that First Friday high! You got some great pictures. I may steal a few if you don't mind.

What a gift our group is!

Kim said...

The First Friday High! Doesn't cost a thing, doesn't make you fat, but oh, the deliciousness that it entails. Indescribable to those who have never experienced it. Here's to hoping that LOA is on the way and an early Happy 2nd Birthday to Miss Shelby!!!