Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Some answers for those stupid ??s

The one thing I am not looking forward to are thoughtless questions asked about our child.I found these on a fellow bloggers site and thought it appropriate to share with you. I don't ever want to be at a loss for words if asked the questions below. BTW, these are real questions that are commonly asked. Unreal.

Q- How much did she cost?

Smart Answer (SA)- All my heart.
Educational Answer (EA)- Buying children is both illegal and unethical. If you're interested in knowing more about gov't fees and donations for someone you know that's adopting, I'd be happy pass on my agency's website to you.

Q-What is she?

SA- She looks human to me.
EA- Do you mean what is her ethnicity? She is Chinese.

Q-Won't you have to teach her to speak English?

SA- What baby do you know that didn't have to learn to speak English?
EA- Babies learn to speak the language that is spoken around them.

Q-Why China when there are children in the USA that need homes?

SA- Is that where you're adopting from? Oh, you're not adopting? I just thought you might be since you're so interested in making sure the children in the good ole USA are taken care of.
EA- China was the right choice for us at this time for many reasons.

Q-Are you going to tell her she's adopted?

SA- Seriously? Have you even looked at us?
EA- It will be pretty obvious. Besides, I want to share her adoption story with her.

Q- Are you her real Mom/Dad?ONLY ONE ANSWER- YES!!!

2 comments:

The Evans Family said...

We've gotten some really dumb questions from some very well meaning people. We try and take the opportunity to educate them and generally get a very positive response! There have only been a handful of "hateful" people who I have no problem putting them in to their place!

Sheri_n_Ben said...

I loved your Q/A I hope you don't mind...I will probably put it on our blog! It is great! I get these questions ALL of the time! I just don't have the courage to answer with the SA...;o)

Thank you...
Sheri W.
http://journeytoleilahgrace.blogspot.comm