Friday, September 14, 2007

Back to Reality

Whew! I am finally coming down off of Cloud 9 since receiving our LOA on Wednesday. Needless to say we are very excited to be going to China. We are planning on leaving Oct 31-headed to Beijing. We will spend a few days sight seeing and then fly (3.5 hours) to Nanning, which is where we get Shelby! It is very very real now that we have official confirmation from China that Shelby is ours forever. I haven't started my "list" of things to do between now and then, but my head is spinning just thinking about everything. Right now I am focusing on our big FCCA Waiting Family Potluck that we are hosting tomorrow at 5pm. Everyone adopting or who has adopted or even interested in adoption is welcome. So let me know if you need directions. There are about 14 families signed up so it looks like we will all be tight and cozy in my little house :) I really really hope it doesn't rain so all the kids can play outside. I will finally get to see little Frannie in person! I can't wait to see her in Ellen's arms. So it looks like we are going to have a great party with a lot of new people there that I haven't even met. It is amazing to see how adoption brings so many new friends in to our lives!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Im so excited for you. I hope you have a good evening tomorrow, wish we could join you!! Cant wait to read more about your great adventure

The Evans Family said...

Have a great Potluck! You'll be in China in no time at all! Tina

Angela and Jay said...

We are SO HAPPY for you! Congratulations!!!!!! Shelby will be in your arms soon!!!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I wish we could come, but we have 2 grandmas coming into town for Ally's dedication at church! Have fun!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Can't wait to follow your story and see all the many ways God answers prayers and gets glory through your precious family!

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

So excited for you!! Oct. 31st will be here before you know it!! Looking forward to seeing you at the potluck. :-)

Lennah and Delylah's mom said...

Congratulations. We are so happy for you. I will pray for a safe journey. We cannot wait to meet her.
Keith, Cathy, and Lennah