Saturday, April 2, 2011

Safari Park Day




We went over to the island last night for a group dinner at Lucy's. It was nice to have a quiet evening and a place to let the kids run around and burn off some energy. The ride over in our taxi was horrendous though in 5pm traffic. The driver kept stopping and going, stopping and going over and over and over again. All of the girls including myself were all on the verge of leaving the taxi driver an extra "tip" in the back seat if you know what I mean. I don't think I have ever experienced car sickness...until last night-UGH. Anyhow, the dinner went well and the ride back was just fine. We learned our lesson about when and when not to get a taxi to the island for sure.

Then we were off to the Safari Park today at 9am. It was GREAT!! Just imagine a zoo on steroids :) Fun for everyone even though we walked about 30 miles and it was about 85 degrees today. Oh and yes I carried the baby most of the time. So it was hot, but the fun of the park kept our minds off the heat. Oh and it didn't help that I sent our laundry off last night, but forgot to keep out a change of clothes for today-oops. So I spent the day in black slacks, not great, but hey we are just going with the flow and doing the best we can. All in all we had a good day! Oh and we stopped off for a late lunch at an Italian restaurant and then let the girls get their fingernails painted-FUN :)

Tomorrow I am off with Ann for shopping day (no babies or dads allowed). Should be fun going out with Ann again, I am looking forward to it!!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Elise already had 'rotten baby' written all over her face. Didn't take long to become a Straight:) Have fun with Ann. She loves to take you shopping.

Michael said...

Give Ann a hug for all of us. I will owe her a little money for the shopping less than $20. I can pay you when you return if that is OK or I can paypal her (fee required). Just let me know.

I agree with Kim about the spoiled rotten baby expression. A true Straight.

M

La Dolce Vita: The Sweet Life said...

We had one of those same taxi rides! Yuck! Definately are both good abd bad about being on/off the island.

Glad you had fun at the Safari.

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

You'll have to invite Ann to each of the girls' weddings one day!

Debbie Sauer said...

Have a great time with Ann. She is so much fun. Tell her I said HI! Blessings

Amy said...

sounds like you all are having a great time! Oh how I wish i was shopping with Ann again, what a great time. Enjoy!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

SO glad you all are enjoying your days! We didn't get to go to Safari Park because of rain. Have fun with Ann!!!
XO