Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fairytalish



Yes I know not really a word, but it is kind of how I would explain our newest addition into the family...a Fairytale. Now you all know I don't like to sugarcoat adoption and the journey it takes to add a child to your family through adoption, but really I can't seem to dig up any "dirt" on adding little Elise yet!


I have been getting some calls and emails of folks asking, "Now how is it REALLY going?". Honestly it is really going as well as it appears. Elise has molded right into a Straight without any difficulties (so far). As I say to others, I am just waiting on the other shoe to drop. Elise is even sleeping well, she wakes up only a couple of times a night now and goes right back to sleep when I pat her back. She eats well, she plays well, she even tolerates all the other kids well. Trust me this can only be a God thing, especially considering that I haven't even lost my mind yet being a mommy to 5!







4 comments:

Dardi said...

She is so precious. I remember doing a similar post when our son came home from Ethiopia. I finally realized I needed to enjoy the ride & quit looking for the other shoe to drop. If it was going to drop, I would deal with it then. He's now coming up on a year, & all shoes in tact! ;o)

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Elise is precious and SO thankful things are as they are! We are living the same Fairytalish life here too~ SJ is a dream baby!!! Yay!!!
XO

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Thanks be to God. She is just gorgeous and I'm so glad she is in the Straight family!

Unknown said...

That's the power of prayer, too. We too prayed for years, while waiting for little Holly that she would be able to happily join our family without all the emotional struggles that can occur with international adoption. That God would protect her mind and heart from the changes in her life. Thus, she too has molded right into our home and if joyfully happy and content. So happy to Elise is joyfilled too.