Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lesson Learned

CJ learned a very valuable lesson yesterday here in China. (Don't tell him I am sharing with you all, but it was too funny not too!!) Anyhow, you see in China the majority of the bathrooms do NOT have toilet paper at all. So you should always, I repeat always have some tissue on hand for those "occasions" when toilet paper is a necessity. My resourceful man came up with a solution though at the end of the "occasion" when his survival skills kicked in. It was a bit expensive, but you will do what you have to do, when you have to do it here in China no matter what the cost. Turns out that a few RMB dollars can double as tissue when in a pinch ;) Good thing he had just cashed in a $100 bill for some smaller bills before he went into the bathroom!!

3 comments:

Steve and Darcy said...

LOL!!! Steve and I are cracking up!! Poor CJ!!! Hey, that is a better story than Michael opening my stall door at the Tienamen Square public restrooms for all to see. Everyone has to have a great "potty" story..and this one is great!! Thanks for the laugh..you gotta get rid of the RMBs somehow before you leave China!! LOL!!

Kim said...

I agree with Darcy. We all have our China potty stories, but this one with CJ goes to the head of the list! LOL

Steph said...

Poor CJ! However, the feeling of sadness I have for him is overwhelmed by my need for a good belly laugh!

We're looking forward to seeing you guys in just a few days! Happy Travels!