Saturday, February 26, 2011

Surgery on Monday

My precious Shelby baby is scheduled for minor surgery on Monday at the hospital. She is having her 2nd set of ear tubes put in. We (me and both her speech therapists) started noticing about a month ago that she wasn't hearing "normal". She started asking huh? alot and it was apparent something wasn't right. Needless to say she is now going to have surgery to correct her hearing.

Now the trick is that Shelby HATES the hospital! Well duh considering her history of surgeries in her lifetime. She worries herself sick about having to go the hospital or even the doctor sometimes. So I have chosen not to tell her when the surgery is this time around. I told her that she would have an ear surgery, but that it wasn't "today" and that I would let her know on the "today" that it would happen. So please keep my Shelby baby in your thoughts and prayers on Monday for a successful procedure without complications so that we can have her home Monday night where she belongs...with her family.

2 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

I am SO praying for your baby!!!

China Dreams said...

Wishing you the best of luck with this. I understand the secret-hard to tell sometimes what to do when there is that much terror. Will pray for her AND you!

Ruby