Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Glimpse into the paperchase

Here is part of an email I sent to my agency to outline the procedures I am taking to complete my dossier:

Here is how I am proceeding with processing my dossier:

I have obtained a new birth certificate for CJ and have now sent that off to be certified through the WI Secretary of State’s office. Once I have it back, I will send it to the Chicago Consulate for authentication. I will have this document back fully authenticated by July 14.

I have ordered a new birth certificate for myself from the state of GA, but have not received it yet. I hope to have it early next week.

I would like to come by your office on Thursday morning and obtain all of my other docs that you have and you and I can review for correct notarization. I will have my medicals in hand as well for you to notarize too.

I will then take all of my dossier docs (minus CJ birth cert, homestudy, and my birth cert) to the GA Clerk of Superior Court for certification on Thursday morning.

I will then proceed down to the Sec of State’s office for the final certification. Same day I will mail all of these docs to the Houston Consulate for authentication. I will expect to receive these docs back completed by July 14.

So that will leave my birth certificate and the homestudy left to be notarized, certified, and authenticated. I will need to bring you my new birth certificate before I leave for vacation on July 4. Hopefully the homestudy will be ready to go by July 4 as well.

Once you have the completed homestudy in hand, then I will need you to have the homestudy notarized and taken to the GA Clerk of Superior Court for county certification.

Next I will need Hope to take the certified homestudy along with my already certified birth certificate, down to the Sec of State office for final certification.

I will then ask that Hope send these 2 certified docs to Cindy Marut at www.mychinadocs.com for rush service from the Houston Consulate. I will leave all of the necessary information with you before I leave for vacation.

If you have the homestudy completed and in hand by July 4, then hopefully you can send my docs for certification on July 7. Then my docs should be able to go out to Houston on July 8. If all of this happens successfully, then mychinadocs.com should have my fully authenticated docs back to me on July 14.

So once I return from vacation we should have all of my documents completed and fully authenticated and ready for you all to put together to send to China during the week of July 14th so that China will have everything in time!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I TOTALLY think you deserve a vacation after all that...whew....it makes me tired just reading about it.....but I know it is sooooo worth it :)

RamblingMother said...

I am totally jazzed for you guys. Have a great vacay.