Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A few steps closer

Today was another busy yet productive day for us. We both started out at the courthouse this morning. CJ processed his finger prints and I did some marriage license certifying (which I later figured out I didn't need-oh well). Then CJ was off to the police station for his background check. Next I was off to the bank for 3 money orders for sending off the fingerprints to the GBI and FBI headquarters. Stay with me here as I wasn't done yet.

Next I made it to my dr appointment at 9:45am for my official medical physical. After a few vials of blood and lots of questions, oh and of course showings of chinese baby pictures, I was finally done with the medical stuff. My report should be completed on Friday but since CJ doesn't go until Monday, I told them to hold on to the report until his completed.
Then I was off to our agency for an official check from our good friend Aisha. She managed to save me some money today by letting me know that I didn't need to do a few extra steps in our dossier prep that I thought I had to do. Every little bit counts right now! So I delivered to her all of my completed paperwork and so now we are only missing these 3 docs:
My medical sheet
CJs medical sheet
HOMESTUDY

So of course as you can see now the homestudy is the big one we are waiting to get completed. Fortunately we are using the same agency as we did with Shelby so they are being VERY helpful and they understand the urgency in producing a homestudy quickly. Dianne, whom we met with before Shelby arrived, is going to be coming out to the house on Sunday for her visit. I plan to do some major sucking up when she is here ;) No really, she has already committed to completing the homestudy as quickly as possible!

Finally with all of this under our belts today, CJ and I were able to meet for lunch and yes you guessed it- we had Chinese for lunch :) It was nice to enjoy a nice lunch with just the 2 of us for a change. We then went our separate ways and I made it to work in time for a meeting and CJ finished up with his route. WHEW what a crazy, exciting, rewarding, productive day!!

2 comments:

Steve and Darcy said...

You go Girl! I can't believe how fast you got it all together! I may need to call you for pointers one of these days! You'll be back in China in no time!! Enjoyed talking with you today!!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I'm just a little ahead of you (for now!). Our child abuse clearances are ALL in now! Our HS is close to being done! I'll give you a call tomorrow or over the weekend! Crazy...