Friday, December 14, 2007

Learning to Communicate

Shelby and I are getting in the groove of communication. She used some of her signs today to help me understand what she wants. This was the first time she has used the signs without me first prompting her to do so. I wish I could remember more signs as she really catches on quickly. I found this great site to help teach me more signs to use with her. She used the more sign and she can also say more, and she used the drink sign for me today.

We had a good day again today, and she even seemed to like me the whole day ;) We did a little shopping this morning and then she joined me at my company year end Christmas Luncheon. She was a perfect little companion during the entire meeting. Oh and she was too cute today in her little Christmas dress and hair bows. Have I mentioned about how much I am enjoying playing real life "dress-up" with my daughter!?! I failed to take a pic today of her styling in her Christmas clothes, but I will get some tomorrow.

The boys are going tomorrow with the Boy Scout group to sing at a local nursing home. This should be fun and festive and help show the boys what Christmas is all about-loving and helping others just as Christ does for us everyday. We hope to give out a few smiles tomorrow singing Christmas Carols for some people who may not get to see all of their own kids and grandkids singing this holiday season. I am sure Miss Shelby will be a big hit as well showing out her rockin dancing moves to the music :) Have I mentioned lately how lucky I am to have my entire family surrounding us everyday?! I was just about brought to tears tonight as I sat in my chair holding all 3 of my fresh cleaned sweet smelling babies in my lap. My life is truly wonderful and I thank Him everyday for another day with my family. How did I ever get so blessed?

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with JOY.- Psalm 126:3

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Thanks for the reminder, Donna - I appreciate it. L