Friday, December 7, 2007

Full Circle For Sure

Well tonight we had the privilege of attending our First Friday group with Shelby finally able to attend in person instead of on a photo button! We started the evening off sharing dinner with alot of the families that I feel like have become such a special part of this journey. Dinner was great and especially the part where we got to see pics of the new babies that will soon be joining our group. Bruce and Karen were finally matched with their new little one. Yeah another 2 year old to add to the group. Sheridan will soon have a little boy to play with since they are getting a BOY. It is so amazing to witness another family being able to have their dreams come true right before you. I can so remember how I felt to finally hold a picture of Shelby in my hands and be able to show her off to everyone. Next I finally got to see pics of Tymm and Laura's ebaby- what a sweet little baby face! He is only a month old and already has such a sparkle in his eyes. I can't wait to get to squeeze on a LITTLE little one soon when they bring home this baby. It was a great dinner and fun to share such an exciting time with these families.

We left from dinner and made it to First Friday. Shelby was of course dressed in her cute little Christmas dress for the big debut. Everyone was happy to see her finally home. We are so thankful to all the people from the group who have ever sent up a special prayer for our family. Dan said that it looks like we "won the lottery"-you bet we did! Shelby is so perfect for our family and we would have never been united with her without all the connections that we made through this group. I have always spoken of the First Friday High that I would leave with every month, and this month it must of been the Ultimate High for me. There is just something about joining together with people who understand the need or urge or push or obsession or calling or whatever you want to call it- to adopt from China. I am so thankful to have this resource and be surrounded by these people who really "get it".

I titled this post about coming full circle. At one special moment in the meeting, I had the amazing sensation of truly coming full circle finally. It is hard to explain, but a whole load of emotions fell upon me when Lily simply walked up and gave a cute little wave hello to Shelby. It was like Lily had known how much she was a part of Shelby's life. There was little Lily standing in person welcoming my Shelby home. It was too much for me and tears just immediately filled my eyes and I had to sit down just to take it all in. I watched Shelby and Lily play together and thought so much about each person can really effect another person's life in such a dramatic way. Heather (Lily's mom) had no idea what seed she was responsible for planting in my life just 10 months ago the first time I met her. I am so grateful for her sharing her story with me which eventually led me straight to my baby Shelby.

The guest speaker there tonight was Amy from Love Without Boundaries. This is truly an amazing organization that helps thousands of children in China. They were showing a video of some of there work which of course was playing music with some touching lyrics. Shelby then reached up grabbed my finger and wanted me to "dance" with her (which means spin with her round and round). I don't think I could of written such a dramatic moment in any movie. Here was Shelby and I spinning full circles surrounded by the very first people that I met when I dreamed of her so many months ago. Shelby was laughing and giggling while we were spinning and I was crying complete tears of joy for this wonderful moment that I was sharing with my daughter. We have truly come full circle and we are so very blessed!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I was watching and thinking the same thing when Lily kept going over to Shelby trying to get her attention...It was like she was saying, "Hi Shelby, welcome home". I believe God has entrusted US with these little angels! It's so hard at times...I'm exhausted...I'm so busy at times I don't know whether I'm coming or going...but, I love every minute of it, wouldn't change a thing.

Can't wait to see ya'll Monday!

Unknown said...

another great emotional summary..I cant wait to get to know miss shelby

Tymm said...

Shelby is adorable. Travis and Caleb are too cool - that was the first time I really got to know those guys - they are fun!

You have a great family!

Unknown said...

It was great to see Shelby be welcomed home last night! Sorry that we didn't get a chance to talk with you more.

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Donna: you have an incredible way of making me cry! Knock it off! :) Let's set another date to get together -- play date at your house? Lunch at Northpoint? Can't wait. xo Ellen

Aisha said...

Donna you are so right! I was so excited to finally meet Miss Shelby! Full circle is right. It seems like yesterday that we were sending off you paperwork. I am so glad that God lead you to her and that God allowed me to be apart of making your family whole! You have an amazing and beautiful family.