Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Kiss!

We had the best Christmas ever.We had a busy Christmas Eve that started with breakfast at McDs with our favorite boy-Sheridan, and of course his parents too ;) Then we were off to Granny's for a big Christmas luncheon, then home to bake our traditional Christmas Eve dinner-lasagna. CJ's parents joined us here at home for the lasagna and of course the presents! We let the kids all open up one gift from us. Caleb got the infamous MP3 player or as he would like to call it his iPod. Travis got a CD player too and Shelby got the fanciest little pink trike in the neighborhood (courtesy of her daddy who obviously doesn't have a Christmas budget to adhere too!) We all had a great Christmas Eve.

Then of course the next day we woke up to a living room full of toys from that big guy in the red suit. The kids must of been really good this year :) We were soon visited by the breakfast fairy (Nana) and had a great morning at home playing with all the good stuff. Best of all we were visited by lots of people who love us...Nana, my aunt Julia, Betty, Frank, Sheila, Scott, Blake, and Austin. I can't think of a better way to spend Christmas morning that surrounded by my family and friends!

We finished up the day with Christmas dinner at my dad's where we were showered with more and more presents and more and more family and friends. Travis picked up a new big kid bicycle, Caleb got the long awaited for Guitar Hero III, and Shelby received a fancy pink PowerWheel (now what else did you expect Papa and Grandma to get her). I received lots and lots of photo albums to finally have a place to put all our China pics. And CJ got a gift card to his favorite man store-Harbor Freight. We had lots of fun and needless to say the kids were jumping for joy all day with excitement (or maybe it was the sugar), fun fun fun!
Once we were back at home and settling down for bed, I received the best present of the day. I always lay down in Shelby's bed with her at night until she falls asleep. Well last night as she was settling down and covering herself up for the 100th time, she simply reached over and gave me an unsolicited, unexpected, out of nowhere-KISS! A real live kiss just because-dare I say it-because she likes me ;) It was the most wonderful present ever. It felt like the same feeling I got when my boys first gave me that first genuine smile. I couldn't help but get all teary eyed as I laid there in bed with my sweet beautiful daughter, whom I know has been through so much in the past couple of months, who felt the urge to reach over a give her forever mommy a kiss. She is truly amazing and resilient and I am so proud to be her mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...so good to hear your story. We, too, are in the process of adopting from China and have been matched with a baby girl from Chongqing. She has a repaired cleft lip and will need her palate repaired when we have her home with us. We are debating on taking our boys ages 6 and 8....did your two go? How did they enjoy the trip?

Anonymous said...

Donna,
you are so blessed but Shelby got the greatest blessing that one could receive, A forever mommy, to love her forever, i cried when I read this blog, i remember those first with my son who is now 16 enjoy them and enjoy your beauty.
your ww friend
Charlece