Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Catching up on things

Finally I have a free moment to do some real blogging. I have been laying down with Shelby at night to get her to sleep and keep saying that I will wait until she falls asleep and then get up and do some computer time. Well needless to say the last few nights I have fallen asleep as well! So tonight Shelby was wiped out and she fell asleep quickly and earlier than normal. My little sweetie suffered through 6 shots today at the pediatrician-YUCK. I was going to just go the tithers route and my pediatrician talked me out of it. Considering that Shelby is going to need a few surgeries in her lifetime, he said that he strongly recommended getting revaccinated on everything. He said that you don't know if they had the correct dosages and series of shots by just doing the tithers. So anyway I am going to trust his recommendations and get her revaccinated. I would love to hear from anyone who wants to throw their 2 cents in on this issue :) All in all, Shelby has been a little trooper and has handled the last 3 days of docs very well. I felt so sorry for her today during the shots as she was in pain and crying those huge crocodile tears. I couldn't help but tear up myself to know that she may be thinking this is going to be a regular event. It is so hard to know what is going on in her little head. I so wish she could understand English so she would hear me reassuring her that she is Ok and how much I love her and only do this to protect her. I need to really really work on my "pain or heartbreak" tolerance before we experience her palate surgery :( I know all of this is for her well being, but it is still hard to put your new little one in pain on purpose.

On a lighter note, we did get to start the day off with a fun playdate with Sheridan! We had a great time at the mall doing a little lunch and some play time. They were doing so well, we even left the mall and continued our play adventure at Chic Fil@. Sheridan and Shelby played great together considering they both have some "sharing" issues. It is heart warming to see these two babies finally playing together here at home when they were both just "dreams" not so long ago. I still remember the first time I laid my eyes on that little boy's picture and I am sure that Kim can say the same thing about Shelby. We are so lucky to be blessed with these great kids!

3 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

We, too, elected to re-vaccinate Ally as per our peds recommendation!

The Evans Family said...

We had Grace and Analiese revaccinated and were very glad we did. We will start on Matthew's next week. I feel more secure knowing the quality of the vaccine here in the USA. I know exactly how you feel about hurting when your baby cries....I just hate it!

The Millers said...

We are going to re-vaccinate as well although I am a little nervous considering her royal fit at the clinic in China.

SB will not have anything to do with her bed. She SCREAMS when I put her in it so she is still sleeping on my chest and I roll her off in between Chad and I when she is good and asleep. She sleeps on the floor in her room for naptime.