Saturday, December 22, 2007

Full Swing Christmas Mode

We have been in full Christmas Spirit enjoying our friends and family this time of year. Yesterday the kids and I headed out to 3rd Friday early in the day so we would miss the traffic. We went to our favorite mall Discover Mills to hang out until 3rd Friday was to begin. Well it turned out that my friend Lucy was nice enough to call me as soon as she discovered that 3rd Friday had been cancelled. Oh well here is where good friends pay off...Lucy invited us on over to her house to enjoy a visit with her family and Ellen even joined us with little Frannie. This was a nice surprise visit for Lucy to accommodate us all on such short notice. She has a beautiful home that is all decked out for Christmas. She even served us snacks and fresh baked cookies. Who knew she was an undiscovered Martha Stewart?! Needless to say if was a great ending to a fun day I got to spend with my kids and friends.

Oh and by the way, I managed great with all 3 kids yesterday at the mall, etc. all by myself. I finally broke down a bought a new (or gently used) stroller so that I could manage a little better in the stores. It worked perfectly and the boys really did well so that I didn't even have to yell or beat any of them at all the whole day ;)

Today I hosted our family Christmas party for my mom's side of the family at my house. We had a great time and really got to enjoy my newly expanded living room ;) Shelby did great considering that her house was filled with about 40 "strangers" in it. She even managed a little nap in the middle of the chaos. Everyone seemed to have a good time and enjoy our family get together. I know the kids really loved getting to play with all their cousins today. I am so excited that Shelby just seems to feel right at home and a part of her new family. Amazing that we are so blessed with all of children and family surrounding us.

We wrapped up the evening with a little Mexican with my sister's family at the local Mexican restaurant. I am loving the fact that Shelby loves to eat Mexican already. She can eat cheese dip like a pro! She also enjoys tortilla shells with rice wrapped up inside of them. She eats Mexican better than the boys since they still prefer ordering ole chicken fingers and fries even at Mexican. Maybe one day I can convince them of how good Mexican food really is ;) Oh and we even got to say hello to our favorite teacher as we were leaving the restaurant. She really seems to enjoy every time she gets to see our new addition live and in person. I was glad I could show off Shelby all decked out in her cute little Santa dress too.

My Travis was spoiled rotten today by his Uncle Scott. He begged to even go home with him tonight to spend the night. Now you would think that he would want to go home with them to spend time with his cousin, but no he would rather spend time with his Uncle Scott! Travis has really struggled with sharing everything and everyone with his new sister. He really eats it up when he gets some well deserved extra attention. He is doing much better about tolerating his sister now, but he still is feeling a little left out every now and then since she seems to be getting most of the attention. So I am sure he will enjoy this special visit with his favorite uncle :)

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

You are the one who is super-mom! Out shopping all day and spending time with friends at night -- only to go home to a house full of family the very next day! We enjoyed seeing you (missed CJ) and wish you the merriest Christmas!