Saturday, May 22, 2010

When Someone Else "Gets It"

I receive a lot of different random comments all the time about my family. Some are questions, others are just random thoughts, and mostly a lot of staring, and then the wispering among themselves as my crew goes by. But sometimes....sometimes, people GET IT! And I just love it when they do.

Tonight CJ and I took the kids out to for dinner at a very loud and noisy Mexican restaurant. So our crew really fit in neatly there and everyone was behaving. Good thing or this lady may not have felt the same way ;) Anyhow, a stranger walks up to me as she is leaving, stops and stoops down so she can make sure I can hear her and tells me...

"You have such a beautiful family! I dream of a family just like yours. I have twin 10 month old boys, and I hope to one day add to my family through adoption. My husband isn't quite on board yet, so would you please pray for him."

She smiled so big and I could see she was truly inspired about her dream for her family. So was I, and I told her that anything is possible and for her to not give up her dream. I thanked her for her kind words as she left the restaurant. Needless to say, I just love it when someone else actually GETS IT!

2 comments:

Tymm said...

now that's cool...

Unknown said...

Love it! We don't have our girls yet, but we can already tell who "gets it".