Monday, May 17, 2010

She Did It

Okay okay, I know you look at the pictures and think, Did what? She is only eating a biscuit!! If you aren't around Miss Faith much, then that might not be such a big deal, but trust me it is. You see this is Faith's very FIRST time she has ever eaten bread for me!! I mean she normally won't even touch anything that looks like bread. No cake, soft cookies, rolls, bread, pizza dough, pita bread, tortillas, english muffin, did I mention no loaf bread at all. So as you can see she won't eat what most of us Americans eat at all...no sandwiches, no pizza, no tacos, no birthday cake, no cookies, no BREAD!


Needless to say this has been quite frustrating for me to feed the kid ;) So yes, we are still struggling with her eating issues even after being home for almost 18 months. But the other day, she ate a biscuit. And no she didn't just start out by tasting it or taking a small bite of it, she ate the whole biscuit! Now of course she hasn't touched a piece of bread since...smile...but I do know she can do it now. Who knew one little biscuit could make a mommy so proud!
PS: And just in case you think I am just pushing some unhealthy carbs on my kiddo, she is just as opposed to eating vegetables too. In fact, the kid has NEVER eaten a vegetable that I can recall. Well unless you count french fries as a vegetable ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Faith

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I feel your pain -- just in other categories. The only veggies Ally will eat are green beans and brocolli (with a gob of cheese) (oh yeah, and fries). Last night was the first time that Alaina even tried cheese on her brocolli.

3 cheers for your little biscuit eater!

Duchess of Lanier said...

She's decided to be a southern girl... yeah!!! And I won't even say that LL eats everything ;o

Alan and Sheri said...

Wow, I thought Claire was the only one who shuns bread. . .unless it's a powered donut or pizza. Those Wuchuan girls!