Friday, August 7, 2009

Making Plans to Meet Him

Yes, you all may remember this post about finding my brother. Well the time has come to finally get to meet him live and in person! Me, Sheila, and Mom are going to be flying out to Texas in October to visit with him and his family over a long weekend. We are all really looking forward to it. Oh and yes, I will be traveling with NO kids ;) Never done that before so this should be a new adventure.


My brother and I have shared a few emails back and forth over the last year. Nothing dramatic or overly personable, just trying to get to know each other a little at a time. He is an only child, so being handed now not one but two new sisters is probably a bit much to take in all at once. Good thing he landed the best 2 sisters he could get-HA! So this person to person reunion is going to be a brand new experience for him for sure.

Now my mom....this is going to be a LIFETIME experience for her. I can only imagine how long she has prayed and prayed for this reunion! Seeing her son finally after all these years is going to be pretty incredible I am sure. I may just have to sedate her to get her there all in one piece ;) Oh and I sure hope we live up to the expectations my brother has in his head. I believe all adoptees "dream up" their birth family. Not so sure we are what he "dreamed" about but oh well ready or not here we come!!
Oh and I get to meet my cutie patootie adorable nephew too! He is so darn cute and still amazing to me that he looks so much like my daughters ;) God really does know what he is doing, doesn't he?!?!
For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.- Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful for your family! God is VERY good!

Briana's Mom said...

I am so excited for you! What an adventure it will be!

Marian Dean said...

Just catching up on news on the blogs, so I am delighted to read this post.
We have been busy with a wedding in the family... David's son. I will do a post when we get some pics!
Great news about your October visit.

Love Granny