Monday, August 11, 2008

Big Kid School Day

Yes, I sent my baby boy off to the big kid school today! Travis was up and ready to go-of course with his big brother by his side. It has been alot of fun to listen to these two at night when they are in their rooms "sleeping". I am so glad I live in a little house where my kids have to share a room. They get to be real brothers every night talking about some of the weirdest stuff :) I heard Caleb tell Travis, "You know you can't hit anyone, EVER, at school. Even it that kid hits you first! You have to tell the teacher. Cause if you hit him back, and HE tells the teacher, then you are the one who gets in BIG trouble! So no matter who hits you, you MUST tell the teacher. That is all you can do." Great, so I am sure Travis is prepared now for that first punch ;)-Brothers!

We had a terrific last week of fun before school started. On Wednesday, we made it to court and Shelby is now an official Georgian! Court went off without any problems. The judge certainly wasn't the friendliest, but hey she signed the paperwork. By the time went into the chambers, Shelby was pretty sleepy and not too thrilled to be there. So she hid her face on me the whole time and really didn't want to look at the judge. I asked Shelby to answer the judge to tell her how old she was, and Shelby kind of grunted with a no. The judge said, "Well you sure you want to keep her?" She wasn't too friendly about saying it either. It wasn't exactly appropriate if you ask me. Oh well, we saved the event by finishing it off with some M&Ms from the vending machine as we left the courthouse. The Straight's know how to make the best of everything!

We then celebrated and spent the entire afternoon at White Water. We had a blast-spent a fortune-but had a blast! This was our last hoorah with the kids for the summer, so we thought. Then we were blessed with free tickets to Stone Mountain on Saturday. So went over to Ally's big 3 year old birthday party Saturday morning, and then spent the rest of the day at the mountain. It was a great week!



I downloaded some pics today and realized it must have been a while since I have shown off my group. We had a playdate with Sheridan on Friday, and of course some pics from the birthday party where we were able to see our digit friends :) So I have given you a lot to look at for your viewing pleasure :)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Looks like y'all have had a great week. Man, I sure wish my Caleb had a big brother that would have warned him about the "not hitting back rule"....we had to learn the hard way last year :(