Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Valentine

Today is Shelby's Valentine Party at her school so she was looking too cute this morning so I had to take pics. Shelby and I get to do the dishes together on the mornings she has school since we get to spend an extra hour together at home. She is so proud of herself when she gets to help mom. Shelby even makes doing dishes fun at our house!


Anyway, I knew that some things would be tough you know doing this adoption thing. BUT, who knew that making Valentines for the kids in her class would be tough. Shelby has had the hardest time grasping the fact that she is supposed to give away HER valentines?!?! She and I have had the conversation over and over again and trust me she is not excited at all about giving away these valentine cards she has colored and worked on and pur HER name on. I sure hope her teachers can do a better job at convincing her that this is a fun thing to do. I guess we will see tonight if she returns home still holding on to all of HER original valentines or not ;)

Oh and I am off to the post office today to mail my package of gloves and hats and of course pictures of Shelby to her orphanage. Thanks again to Tymm and Laura and Kim and Michael for contributing to my package. I was able to squeeze about 60 pairs of gloves in this one little box. I am sure that they will be well received and enjoyed by many on the other side of the world.

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Good luck on getting Shelby to pass out those Valentine's! Ha!

Unknown said...

How funny! She'll learn to LOVE giving out Valentine's the kids in my classes used to love that.

It is so wonderful of you to be sending gloves. May God bless the hands that wear every pair.