Saturday, June 16, 2007

Rock A Bye Baby

Well we did survive the Friday afternoon traffic yesterday and made over to the 3rd Friday meeting last night. CJ and Travis were able to go with me. It was nice for them to meet some of the people we might be traveling to China with soon. The meeting was great and very informative. Barbara Fisher was the speaker from The Center of Attachment Resources and Enrichment. It was great to hear from a professional about some of the possible attachment issues Shelby may encounter. I believe knowledge is power, so it was great to get this FREE information that was provided by the Vance's. They are very generous to open their home every month.

One thing that I quickly added to my "to-do" list was to get a rocking chair for Shelby's room. Barbara told us that we need to remember that even though our children may be what we would consider "too old" to be rocked to sleep, most of the children from an institution have not EVER had this luxury. So I fully intend to give Shelby all the rocking she needs once she is home. I rocked both of my boys to sleep every night for their first year, so Shelby will be no different even though she will be 2 years old. She deserves a good rocking every night just like her brothers received. I remembered that I had tried to sell my boys' rocking chair at a yard sale a couple of years ago at my mom's house. CJ quickly reminded me that my mom did not sell the chair, and she kept it for herself in her spare bedroom. Call it what you will, but I now believe that God must have already had other plans for that good ole rocking chair, SHELBY! So I went to my mom's tonight, and yes there was the rocking chair that I had rocked my other babies in. My mom was quick to release it back to her grand-daughter's room. Now I just need Shelby home for a good night's rocking!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God so knew Shelby would need that chair! SO glad you went..SOunds like it was a great time!