Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sisters

I was just asked this morning, "So how are your two together? Are the girls good together, do they play together?" So of course my immediate answer was YES!!


I have no idea how to explain it, but from day ONE, Shelby has been wonderful with Faith. Now Shelby was definitely attached to me and spoiled rotten by me by the time we went to China to get Faith. Shelby used to really fight the boys for my attention as well. She never wanted the boys to sit with me or anything. (She obviously had to get over that, but it was a big issue in the beginning.) Shelby was definitely a "Mommy's Girl" before Faith arrived. So of course I expected some true jealousy and turmoil once Faith arrived, but nothing except love has come out of Shelby for "her baby".

Hard to explain for sure. The first big change we noticed was in China when Shelby started letting CJ do more and more things for her instead of me. Now Shelby of course still has a preference for me, but she will let CJ fill in for me anytime. She even chooses to stay with him alot of times now if I am going somewhere quick. Big big change from the beginning.

So how are the girls together? GREAT! They typically will play together, sing together, dance together, etc. etc. Sounds like a fairy tale doesn't it?! Well I don't know any other way to tell it, but it is true. Shelby always says Faith is her baby because she is from China too :) True love is all I can say, given straight from above to my sweet little girls. They are the perfect sisters!!


PS: Now I do realize I may eat my words down the road, but for now I am going with it :)

3 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Can't wait for EK and SJ to be best sisters and friends forever!!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

That sounds just like A and A (they play together better than S and L ever did!!!)

Sharon said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog.. I did look back at your November posts...Interesting. Did your surgeon tell you why they changes the procedure? We are leading towards seeking a second opinion....
How is your daughters speech since the surgery?
Thanks again, you have a beautiful family!