Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Perfect Match

I am thrilled to announce that another little one is coming home soon! I just love watching these babies find their mommy and daddy :)
I have to share some of Sharon and Scott's story since they happen to be a little piece of Shelby's Red Thread too. You see S & S (Sharon and Scott) just so happened to be the very FIRST couple we ever met actively adopting from China. We met them at our very first meeting with CCAI way back in January 2007. They were the couple sitting right next to us as we listened to our orientation on "How to adopt from China".

Scott made a HUGE impression on CJ since Scott was an already done that parent. You see S&S had only been home from China for one year when we met. They were actually at the orientation for their second adoption. Scott went on to tell CJ all about it and how wonderful it was and all about the trip to China, etc. etc. Scott made sure that he convinced CJ right then and there that we should definitely take the boys with us to China. I still use Scott's advice to others..."When else in life will you get another chance to spend 2 full weeks with your family? No work, no cell phone, no interruptions, just time with your entire family!" So you see Scott made a big difference in our adoption to Shelby and I don' think he even knew it ;)

So of course I began to follow S&S on their blog and continued to stalk them from afar. Small world is the adoption world, so luckily I was able to see S&S through a mutual friend at parties and such. Little did I know that I would get the phone call from them to help them find a SN waiting child! I always know that if someone is actually willing to pick up the phone and call me, then they are ready to go to China. I got that call from Sharon, and let's just say the rest is history :)

That little Red Thread sure does have an awesome way of weaving itself through the lives of our children from China!!

4 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Another miracle red thread... keep em coming!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a sweet post!!! I am forever indebted to you for helping us... I am so glad we could both be there for each other when we needed it. You are doing such a wonderful thing and I pray God's richest blessings on your family!!!
Sharon

Beth and Ryan said...

I haven't actually called yet....but I will ;)

Unknown said...

We found their blog a couple of days ago, and have already hit them up with questions!! Yahoo for them!