Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Want It Now

This is what I feel like doing to the NBC who is taking their sweet time approving my homestudy and I-800A...I WANT IT NOW!!  After leaving a sugary sweet voice mail for my officer this morning, she called me back.  It went something like this:

Me: Donna Straight
Her: Hi Ms. Straight, this is Officer W with the NBC returning your call
Me: Yes, I was hoping to find out when my approval was going to be completed
Her: Well didn't I tell you that I just had 30 files thrown at me all at once, I haven't gotten to yours yet...
Me: Yes, you mentioned that last week that you would get to it this week, so that is why I was checking in
Her: Well, it is ONLY Tuesday
Me:  Haha, yes I know but unfortunately since the holidays are approaching fast, the week is almost over
Her:  Well not for me, I am going to be working on Friday to catch up. 
Me:  Oh you are working Friday, sorry for you, but sounds good for me :)
Her: Yes, Yours will be done this week.
Me:  Okay great! Are you still going to be able to email my agency a copy of the approval like you said you would last week. 
Her: Yes, I will do that.
Me:  Perfect, thanks so much for your help (As I clenched my teeth snarling at the phone in my best sugary sweet voice)

UGH, double UGH!!  Yes, I am praying that she shaves off a week by emailing the approval, but oh how I wished it was coming in today.  This waiting stinks. And yes, I do realize the waiting only gets harder :(

2 comments:

Cristy said...

Oh Donna, I HATE that OUR GOVT is the one who causes MOST of the delays in this process.

Our I800's were not our delay, only because we got a great officer, but our Art 5 and CA were held up with the Consulate who accused our agency of lying about Celia's SN.

ARGH! At least she's emailing- most don't get that.

Praying this is the LAST bump for you.

Beth and Ryan said...

Now, can you use that same surgary sweet voice and call China so we can get our LOA SOON! The waiting does stink!