Friday, November 5, 2010

Climbing the Mountain

We did it!!  CJ managed to get off early today, so we headed off to the USCIS (Homeland Security) Atlanta office for our official fingerprint appointment crashing.  We were successful and the guards never even checked the official appointment date on our paperwork.  So yes, we managed to save ourselves a full week to hopefully get our I-800A approval a week earlier than normal.

Unfortunately though I have hit a snag with 10 other docs that I sent to the Houston Consulate for final authentication.  It is only supposed to take 5 days for your documents to be returned, but it has now been 3 weeks?!?!  I was trying to save $150 by sending the docs without using a courier, but now that has come back to bite me.  So now I am going to have to pay the courier anyway for her to "investigate" directly at the Consulate on my behalf to find my paperwork...UGH.

Climbing this huge paperwork process, but still remembering the prize at the top...our baby girl!!

3 comments:

Duchess of Lanier said...

Congrats on your fingerprints! *our* office?! It was a scary place to us :O

No courier? Sorry. She saved us so much time. At least you now that she knows what she's looking for.

HAPPY HAPPY WEEKEND knowing you are done... with all but the waiting. GOOD JOB, YA"LL!!!

Beth and Ryan said...

I posted on Yahoo....call the consulate on Monday....there is a one hour window of time and they will pick up...we had some trouble too....you will most likely receive the docs this week....the bad thing is that you can't track the docs.

La Dolce Vita: The Sweet Life said...

So glad you got your prints, but sorry about the Houston docs. Hope they come ASAP.