Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gotcha Day Anniversary

Three years ago today our lives were changed forever!!  As I look back at her pictures now, it is so evident in her face how absolutely terrified Shelby was that day.  She cried and cried and cried.  Her little heart was broken as we stepped in and took her from everyone she had ever loved.  This is the part of adoption some people don't want to see or feel, but it is very real...adoption is traumatic for any child.
Fortunately, today we mostly get all smiles and giggles from our Shelby baby.  However, I am still reminded often of the loss my little girl has endured during her short 5 years.  I am so grateful that I get to be her mommy and get to be there to watch/help her heal from her past.  She is such a blessing to our family! 

We will forever love you Ning FuHong!!





No comments: