Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Why Blog?

I am currently in a blogging rut. But I received a very timely email this morning from someone that I met over 8 months ago at a "China conference". Here is an excerpt from her email:

Hi Donna,
I hope you remember me. I met you last year at a seminar on China...and we briefly talked about the wait I had with CCAI. I just wanted to let you know that recently we switched from CCAI to Barker as we found or daughter there.
(Just sitting and waiting on us!) ...So anyway, I wanted to say thanks, as I never would have know to try transferring....we had a 12/29/08 LID...so we are excited not to have to wait further


So I have been asked several times, "Why do you blog?". I always answer "To Educate!"....and also to have a personal diary of sorts for my girls and my family. If you haven't noticed, I am a big China Special Needs Adoption Advocate. I truly believe that I have a duty to speak out for those children "who cannot speak for themselves".

So yes, I will continue to blog. I will continue to tell anyone who will listen about the China SN program. I will not give up on advocating for children who still wait for their families to find them. And no, I will not stop sending out "those lists" to others I think might have the slightest bit of interest in adopting. YEAH for another child coming home!!

7 comments:

Jen & Bill said...

as much as I love CCAI I think the wait for a sn girl is unbelievable.
yeah for another family.

Anonymous said...

You go girl !!! I know I'm glad you have a blog, it allows me to see regular pics (except when you're being lazy !!! :0)) of the entire family and I love it. Pregnant, I used to go every morning. Now I have less time but you're one of my FB friend.
Good for you if you can help people meet their child. Keep going. You're better thand me about the blog for sure.
Audrey

Renate said...

Donna, I am glad you still blog. The first blog of yours I read
was when sweet Shelby had her first surgery. Because of Ally, I started reading these blogs. I am sponsoring my second child thru LWB. I would never have done that, but was so inspired by your stories that I had to do what I could to help. So keep it up. There maybe someone else out there who will be inspired. LWB keeps telling me what a difference I make for the baby I sponsor.

Kim said...

Amen, sister, Amen!!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Hey Donna -- you know you pretty much dropped Alaina into our laps! Saying THANKS for what you do and your passion is inadequate!!!

Unknown said...

Go, girl!

Donna said...

Just found your blog. We adopted twice and there probably won't be any more adoptions for us but I feel strongly about SN adoptions too and I'll be bookmarking your blog and reading regularily!

:)

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!