Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Chinese by Birth...

Southern by the grace of God! Yes, my little angel was fully immersed in good ole southern fun at the Dixie Stampede last night. She loved every minute of it. Her eyes never left the arena full of horses and princesses except of course to chow down some good southern cookin. She was so cute watching the show. I couldn't help but get all weepy eyed just watching her excitement during the show. We have been so blessed by having this little girl in our lives. She is truly a gift from directly from heaven :)

I just love having a little girl in our family. I never thought that this could be so much fun. She is so different from the boys. I know that makes sense since she is a GIRL after all, but I just never really thought about how different little girls really are than little boys. She automatically gravitates to the "girl" stuff. I still find in amusing! She loves horses, jewelry, and babies. She is even very picky in choosing her souvenirs and chooses based on color and if it is pretty or not. The boys usually choose based on how gross or how loud something is :) She chooses her clothes based on color and the twirl factor, and the boys choose based on the easiest to put on! Oh how different girls and boys really are. Oh how blessed I am to have both in my life!!

5 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

That is ALL we know in our house! Thanks for the advice today -- I appreciate you much! Eager to hear how things develop for you! Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

SHELBY IS TRULY A BLESSING TO ALL OF US WHO'S LIFE SHE TOUCHES. SUGAR AND SPICE AND EVERTHING NICE THAT'S WHAT LITTLE GIRLS ARE MADE OF. :) I SURE LOVE HER AND THE BOYS ARE BOYS AND YOU HAVE TWO OF THE MOST SPECIAL LITTLE GUYS TOO!!! TOTAL-Y AND COMPLETELY BLESSED. HAPPY DAYS TO ALL OF YOU ENJOY. GOD BLESS YOU ALL I LOVE YOU SON AND ALL OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY GOOD JOB LOVE YA, MOM

Unknown said...

oh I love your family

Special K said...

Shelby is just adorable, such a girlie girl. What fun!

Heather said...

HA! I love it!